Clyx Studios has a Beta release of the Send To OneNote plugin for JetBrains Omea that supports OneNote 2007. It is only available by joining their community, but according to their blog post about the OneNote API it will be officially released soon.
From the beta version’s download page…
Version 2.0 adds the following features:
- now works with Microsoft OneNote 2007 as well as Microsoft OneNote 2003 SP1
- additional resource types are now supported including Notes and Weblinks (to send a weblink, right-click it in the resource list and use the OneNote context menu)
- The OneNote page date and time is now set to the date and time of the posted resource
- Additional Omea fields have been added to the information sent to OneNote and displayed on the OneNote page.
- When using Outlook 2007, the body text of HTML format messages may not appear in OneNote. A workaround is to select the text within Omea’s preview pane before clicking the Send to OneNote button – this has the added benefit of sending across fully formatted text.
From Omar’s Blog yesterday:
You can download it here
GoogleNewsReader is a OneNote powertoy which runs in the system tray and helps you to archive regular Google news topics and custom Google news searches inside OneNote.
Developer’s Notes: CAUTION – For serious* OneNote users only.
- The OneNote API forces OneNote to be opened whenever any content is written into it. Hence you must be willing to have your work suddenly interrupted while GoogleNewsReader is updating content into OneNote. Or you could leave OneNote open all the time
- The application “screenscrapes” the Google News website, since this seems to provide a better interface to use inside of OneNote instead of using the RSS provided by Google. For the same reason, I cannot guarantee the app will continue to work if Google changes its website interface.
- When there are many pages under a single folder, OneNote becomes a little slow
- more info
Author: ARAVINDMC ATT OU DOTT EDU
Additional Note: This entry was a finalist in the OneNote PowerToys contest.
SendToOneNote adds the ability to send or copy across messages, feed posts, articles, etc. into Microsoft OneNote 2003. If you’ve seen or used the SendToOneNote plugins for IE or Outlook, then you’ll know what to expect. Otherwise, take a look at the screenshot below to get an idea of what it does. One feature I’ve really come to depend on is the ability to define rules in Omea to automatically send content of your choosing to OneNote. You can use this to automatically build up a portfolio in OneNote of, for example, everything that is being published about your company.
Note that this plugin comes with its own installer or you can download a zip file and install it yourself if you prefer. (It also requires OneNote 2003 Service Pack 1 or later, and it wouldn’t have been possible without the Microsoft OneNote DataImport Utility Classes)
Author: Clyx Studios
Send contents of an RSS feed into OneNote.
Author: Omar Shahine
“Send to OneNote…” plugin for RSS Bandit
link: Send to Onenote from RSS bandit